Mobility extension is used to bind mobile number with an extension, so this mobile number will have the corresponding extension’s call privilege, such as: make internal calls, make outgoing calls, and play voicemail unread, etc. When the user uses this mobile number to call into S-Series VoIP PBX, the PBX will treat it as the corresponding extension, and he/she will hear the dial tone.
To configure mobility extension, follow the steps below.
1. Click Settings → PBX → Extensions, go to extension edit page. Click “Edit”.
2. Bind a mobile phone number in “Mobile Number” in “Basic” tab.
3. Click “Features”, and go to “Mobility Extension” settings. If you enable mobility extension, when the mobile number configured calls into S-Series VoIP PBX, it can act like this extension number, such as: make internal calls, make outgoing calls, and play voicemail unread, etc. If you enable Ring Simultaneously, the extension and the mobile phone will ring simultaneously.
Please note that you must configure the specific prefix to make sure S-Series VoIP PBX can reach this mobile number according to the outbound route.
1. When a mobility extension makes an internal call, the caller ID presented on the called party’s screen will be the extension number instead of the mobile number.
2. The telephony line/trunk must have caller ID feature. Since PBX recognizes mobile number according to the caller ID detected.
3. Mobility extension feature can’t take effect if administrator has enabled call back feature in inbound routings.